According to the Social Security Administration, 67.3% of wage earners made less than or equal to $46,640.94. The current federal minimum wage is starvation pay and must become a living wage. If elected, I will fight for the policies below:
- Tie the Federal Minimum Wage to Inflation, assessed district-by-district according to living costs, at a baseline of $15 per hour.
- Co-sponsor and fight for the Paycheck Fairness Act. This act works to eliminate the wage gap by:
- Making wages more transparent.
- Requiring that employers prove that wage discrepancies are tied to legitimate business qualifications and not gender.
- Prohibiting companies from taking retaliatory action against employees who raise concerns about gender-based wage discrimination.